Gusty winds sweep Delhi; light rain and thunderstorm likely
Gusty winds swept across the national capital today in a relief to Delhiites from the scorching sun.
The maximum temperature settled at 41.8 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season's average, while the minimum settled at 26.1 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of the year, said a MeT department official.
In an alert issued by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) this evening, it said a spell of light rain and thunderstorm accompanied with gusty winds at a speed of 50-70 km per hour will hit the city and the NCR region in three hours.
The humidity oscillated between 60 and 17 per cent.
The MeT has also forecast cloudy skies along with the likelihood of light rain and thundershowers accompanied with squall towards the evening and night.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover at 42 and 28 degrees Celsius, respectively tomorrow," the weatherman said.
Yesterday, the maximum and minimum temperatures were recorded at 40.2 degrees and 25 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Venkaiah Naidu, Amit Shah visit AIIMS to enquire about Vajpayee's health 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Southern Railways, Kochi Metro suspend operations in flood-hit Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee critical, remains on life-support system 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kerala flood toll touches 79, rains continue 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Yamuna crosses danger mark; 613 people evacuated 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rajnath speaks to Kerala CM; takes stock of flood situation 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Flag says Bharat Mata is sad: Kejriwal 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kejriwal refuses to accept Ashutosh's resignation 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- India to send manned space mission by 2022: Modi 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- AAP leader Ashutosh resigns from party 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...