Kejriwal accuses Centre of not taking steps to check crimes against women
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today accused the Centre and Lt Governor Anil Baijal for not taking effective steps to curb crime against women.
His remark comes in the wake of the alleged rape of a six-year-old girl at a NDMC-run school here.
Blaming Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Baijal for rise in such crimes, he said it was a "serious issue".
"In the last few years, cases of crimes have been increased in Delhi. Also, cases of crimes against women have been increased, which is a serious issue," he said.
"Law and order comes under PM, Union Home Minister and LG in Delhi, but effective steps have not been taken," the Delhi chief minister said.
He said in view of increase in crimes against women, the Delhi government has decided to install CCTV cameras across the city. This will ensure deterrence, Kejriwal said.
"I hope that within few months of completion of CCTV installation, cases of crimes will be decreased by 30 to 40 per cent in Delhi," he said.
- PM leaves for Kerala to take stock of flood situation 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Delhi government to donate Rs 10 cr to flood-battered Kerala 17 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Atal ji will live on in hearts and minds of every India: Modi 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Air India pilots threaten to stop ops on flying allowance dues 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Imran defeats Shahbaz to become Pak's new PM 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Set up committee on solid-waste management, SC tells Delhi L-G 17 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee laid to rest, daughter Namita lights funeral pyre 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sidhu arrives in Pak to attend Khan's oath taking ceremony 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Atalji's stature, dignity attracted me to public life: Kovind 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi's UK visit under cloud as parliament event changes hands 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2018 | PNS | lOHARDAGA
Four ministers of School Children’s Parliament of Govt Middle school Narauli were felicitated for their outstanding leadership and excellent services in school management on the occasion of 72nd Independence Day. After the flag hoisting programme President Ramdayal Oraon, Prime Minister Sheela Oraon, Education Minister Anjali Oraon and Nutrition Minister Chandmuni Oraon were given certificate of appreciation and Oxford English Grammar book as prize...