- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Kejriwal directs Delhi govt to take action against inappropriate increase in school fee
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has directed the Delhi government to take stern action against a school that increased its fees in the name of implementation of 7th pay commission.
Bal Bharti Public School increased 10 per cent fee for academic session 2017-18, over the previous academic session 2016-17. The Directorate of Education (DoE) has been directed to take stern action against the school, according to a government statement.
The school will communicate to the parents through website, notice board and circular about rejection of fee increase proposal of the school by the DoE.
The school will pay salaries and allowances to the teachers and staff from its savings, it said.
Based on analysis of financial statements of school, fund availability of the school has been assessed. The school is also having a surplus of fund of Rs. 11,08,35,825, it said.
Issuing the order to the school management, the Directorate has asked the management to remove all financial and other irregularities or violations as listed in the order and submit the compliance report within 30 days.
It said that non-compliance of order shall be viewed seriously.
Based on review of the audited financial statement, the Directorate observed that the school has purchased a luxury car during the financial year 2014-15. They should not have purchased luxury car out of school funds. This amount is to be recovered by school, the statement said.
"Remove all financial and other irregularities or violations as listed above and submit the compliance report within 30 days to this office," he order said.
The directorate warned that non-compliance of the order shall be viewed seriously.
- Modi govt defeats no-trust motion comfortably 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No-trust vote a result of Oppn arrogance: Modi 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Kejriwal inspects mohalla clinics, dismayed over objections of 'space constraint' 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Modi and Xi to meet during BRICS, discuss US trade war 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Delhi may witness power supply crisis: Jain 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tejashwi attacks Nitish Kumar govt over crimes against women 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- France denies Rahul's remarks about secrecy pact in Rafale deal 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Anti-Sikh riots was "biggest lynching" incident: Rajnath 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt serious about protecting Aadhaar data: Prasad 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- PM Modi to attend BRICS Summit in South Africa next week 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Governor Anandiben Patel has said that tourism has enhanced in Madhya Pradesh in recent years. Employment to maximum people could be provided through tourism industry...