- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Kejriwal rellocates Sisodia's portfolios
According to a notification issued by the general administration department, Sisodia has got the portfolios of tourism and arts, culture and languages from Water Minister Rajendra Pal Gautam.
But he has been divested of the charge of the revenue department and registrar of cooperative societies.
Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot got the revenue department while Gautam the registrar of cooperative societies, the notificiation said.
However, the deputy chief minister, who sources said had requested Kejriwal to allow him to shed some portfolios, will continue to look after education, finance and other departments.
Tourism will be one of the focus areas of the AAP government along with education and health, an official said.
The government also plans to make rural Delhi intrinsic to its development agenda.
Apart from tourism and art, culture and languages portfolios, Sisodia will look after nine departments and also all other departments that has not specifically been allotted to any minister.
Kejriwal, however, does not hold any portfolio.
Gahlot and Gautam were inducted into the cabinet in May this year.
Sisodia's departments of law department, information technology and administrative reforms were given to Gahlot, who had also got the transport portfolio from Health Minister Satyendar Jain.
- AAP all set for its own EVM challenge tomorrow 02 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Kapil Mishra starts 'Let's clean AAP' campaign 21 May 2017 | IANS
- Kejriwal opposed note ban as it threatened money laundering: Kapil Mishra 19 May 2017 | PTI
- Delhi's water woes to ebb by tomorrow: CM 17 May 2017 | PTI
- Kapil Mishra warns of 'new drama' by AAP for distraction 13 May 2017 | IANS
- EC backed out of 'hackathon', it's sad: Kejriwal 12 May 2017 | PTI
- AAP "rigs" EVM in Delhi assembly, EC calls it "duplicate" gadget 09 May 2017 | PTI
- Truth will triumph: Kejriwal on graft charges by Mishra 08 May 2017 | PTI
- Saw Jain giving Rs 2 cr to Kejriwal, alleges Mishra; Sisodia refutes charges 07 May 2017 | PTI
- AAP crisis deepens as Vishwas hints he may quit 02 May 2017 | PTI
- HC takes suo moto cognisance on waterlogging in Delhi 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Triple talaq most inhuman practice: Parrikar 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Delhi Police incompetent, can't protect citizens: AAP 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Will await BJP proposal on seat-sharing: Nitish Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Trump vows 'extraordinary relationship' with Putin as summit opens 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
- ED team in Singapore to track down Nirav Modi 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tharoor's office vandalised in Kerala capital, MP claims 'Sanghi goondas' behind it 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rahul writes to PM for passage of Women's Reservation Bill 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Successful Test Firing of BRAHMOS to Validate Service Life Extension 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Court sends separatist Aasiya Andrabi, 2 others to one-month judicial custody 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | New Delhi
Branching off the main Delhi-Chandigarh-Shimla highway on National Highway 22, which some still call by its earlier name of Hindustan-Tibet Road, are three quaint hill stations—Kasauli, Dagshai and Subathu—all military cantonments, which you cannot miss if you are a travel enthusiast. The charm of long leisurely walks, chirping of all varieties of colorful birds, smell of wild and exotic flowers, the fresh coat of green on leaves when it rains, the...