- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Over 1,33,000 pilgrims visit Amarnath shrine in 14 days
A fresh batch of 3,419 pilgrims left Jammu on Thursday for the Kashmir Valley to perform the annual Amarnath Yatra. An official said so far over 1,33,000 pilgrims have performed the yatra in the past two weeks.
"Since it began on June 28, some 1,33,481 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine," he said. On Wednesday alone, 15,696 yatris performed puja.
Of the 3,419 pilgrims, who left the Bhagwati Nagar Yatri Niwas in two escorted convoys of 125 vehicles for the valley, 1,202 proceeded on the Baltal trek while 2,217 headed for Pahalgam base camp, the official added.
This year's Amarnath Yatra will end on August 26 coinciding with Shravan Purnima festival.
- 60-year-old man held for raping minor girl in Odisha 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MiG 21 crashes in Kangra district of Himachal 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No stopping sealing, demolition of unauthorised constructions in Delhi: SC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Completely paralysed despite Constitution bench verdict, Delhi govt tells SC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No-confidence motion moved against Modi govt;Speaker admits it 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi HC asks JNU not to take any coercive step against Kanhaiya till July 20 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Government ready to discuss any issue in house: Modi 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Guess who uses hatred, fear to maintain power: Rahul Gandhi 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Trump says he misspoke on Russia meddling; has full faith in US intelligence agencies 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Javelin thrower Neeraj strikes gold at Sotteville athletics meet 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...