Pak summons Indian diplomat to condemn 'unprovoked firing'
Pakistan summoned India's Acting Deputy High Commissioner and condemned the "unprovoked firing" on the Line of Control by Indian forces that killed a civilian, the Foreign Office said today.
Foreign Office spokesman Mohammad Faisal said that Indian forces resorted to "unprovoked firing" on May 15 in the Hotspring Sector which killed a civilian resident of Dehra Sher Khan village.
"The deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws," Faisal said.
He claimed that the Indian forces along the Line of Control and the Working boundary are continuously targeting civilian populated areas with heavy weapons and carried out more than 1,000 ceasefire violations so far in 2018, resulting in the death of 24 civilians.
"This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017, when the Indian forces committed 1,970 ceasefire violations," he said.
"The ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation," Faisal said.
He said Pakistan will continue to provide political, moral and diplomatic support to the people of Kashmir.
The spokesman also regretted that the daughter of legendary Urdu poet Faiz Ahmad Faiz was not allowed to address a function in India.
Answering a question, he said India used Pakistan card to influence its internal politics.
- Venkaiah Naidu, Amit Shah visit AIIMS to enquire about Vajpayee's health 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Southern Railways, Kochi Metro suspend operations in flood-hit Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee critical, remains on life-support system 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kerala flood toll touches 79, rains continue 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Yamuna crosses danger mark; 613 people evacuated 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rajnath speaks to Kerala CM; takes stock of flood situation 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Flag says Bharat Mata is sad: Kejriwal 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kejriwal refuses to accept Ashutosh's resignation 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- India to send manned space mission by 2022: Modi 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- AAP leader Ashutosh resigns from party 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...