PM to visit Chhattisgarh tomorrow
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chhattisgarh tomorrow and dedicate the modernised and expanded Bhilai steel plant to the nation.
He will also lay the foundation stone of a permanent IIT-Bhilai campus and unveil a plaque to mark the launch of the phase-2 of BharatNet, a project which envisages to connect gram panchayats with underground optical fibre network.
The modernisation of the Bhilai plant includes installation of cutting-edge technologies for improvement in productivity, yield, quality, cost competitiveness, energy efficiency and environmental protection, an official statement said.
The prime minister will inaugurate air services between Jagdalpur and Raipur. He will distribute laptop computers, certificates and cheques to beneficiaries under various schemes and address a public meeting.
Before reaching Bhilai, Modi will visit Naya Raipur smart city, where he will inaugurate the integrated command and control centre for the city.
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Union min 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 'One nation, one poll' a good idea but not implementable at present: Nitish 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- I pleaded for burial space at Marina: Stalin 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- SC to hear plea of 300 Army personnel challenging FIR against them in AFSPA areas 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 2 Pakistani soldiers killed by Indian Army in J-K's Kupwara 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee plummets to historic low of 70.09 on Turkish lira collapse 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Attack on Umar Khalid: Delhi Police says not intimated about event 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Dass Tandon dies 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rains continue to batter Kerala, people shifted to relief camps 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SC to hear PIL alleging siphoning of funds meant for SC/ST students 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...