RBI keeps key interest rate unchanged
RBI today kept the key interest rate unchanged, on the expected lines, but raised the inflation forecast for remainder of the current financial year to 4.3- 4.7 per cent.
The 6-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel, in its fifth bi- monthly review, kept repo rate unchanged at 6 per cent and reverse repo at 5.75 per cent.
It said the reason for the decision was "achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth".
The central bank kept the economic growth forecast unchanged at 6.7 per cent for the fiscal ending March 31.
- Let contentious issues, extraneous debates not distract us: Prez's I-day message 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Falling rupee gives 'supreme leader' a vote of no-confidence: Rahul 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Traffic restrictions on some roads for I-Day function tomorrow 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Union min 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 'One nation, one poll' a good idea but not implementable at present: Nitish 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- I pleaded for burial space at Marina: Stalin 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- SC to hear plea of 300 Army personnel challenging FIR against them in AFSPA areas 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 2 Pakistani soldiers killed by Indian Army in J-K's Kupwara 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee plummets to historic low of 70.09 on Turkish lira collapse 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Attack on Umar Khalid: Delhi Police says not intimated about event 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...