- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
Trump says willing to speak to Kim Jong-un
US President Donald Trump has said that he was willing to speak to North Korean' Kim Jong-un.
Asked at a news conference on Saturday at Camp David (Trump's country retreat in Maryland) whether he would be interested in speaking to Kim, the President said that he always believed in dialogue, reports Efe news.
"Our stance, you know what it is. We're very firm," Trump said. "But I would be... absolutely, I would do that (speak with Kim). No problem with that, at all."
But when asked whether he would sit down to negotiate with the North Korean leader with no prerequisites, Trump said "that's not what I said, at all".
"Look, right now they're talking Olympics," Trump said of North Korea and South Korea over the upcoming Pyongchang Winter Olympics.
"It's a start. It's a big start. If I weren't involved they wouldn't be talking about Olympics right now. They'd be doing no talking or it would be much more serious.
"He (Kim) knows I'm not messing around. I'm not messing around. Not even a little bit. Not even 1 per cent. He understands that."
Trump also expressed his desire that North Korean athletes participate in the Winter Olympics slated to be held from February 9 to 25, and that the neighbouring countries continue to hold talks after the Games.
On Saturday, representatives of the two Asian nations held initial talks aimed paving the way for a scheduled high-level meeting on January 9, the first between the two countries in more than two years.
- BJP rode on Vajpayee's appeal to win allies and power in 90s 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- UP may drop Jewar int'l airport project if farmers don't hand over land: Official 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half mast 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee laid foundation of good governance: Yogi Adityanath 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee among tallest leaders of modern India: Manmohan 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India has lost a great son, will miss him: Rahul on Vajpayee 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee nursed BJP into a banyan tree in Indian politics: Shah 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kovind condoles Vajpayee's death 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee's death a great loss for India: Kejriwal 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Death of Vajpayee end of an era; it's a personal loss for me: PM 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
All private and Government schools will remain closed today as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Vajpayee passed away after prolonged illness at AIIMS in Delhi on Thursday...