- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bangalore airspace
Nearly 330 passengers had a narrow escape after two IndiGo planes averted a mid-air collision over the Bangalore airspace on Tuesday, prompting authorities to launch a probe into the incident, industry sources said.
The aircraft involved in the incident were operating on Coimbatore-Hyderabad and Bangalore-Cochin routes.
An IndiGo spokesperson confirmed the incident. The Hyderabad-bound plane had 162 passengers while the other aircraft was carrying 166 passengers.
Sources told PTI that the vertical separation between the two aircraft was only about 200 feet and a mid-air collision was averted after the Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) alarms went off.
Sources said Aircraft Accident Investigation Board (AAIB) has started an investigation into the incident that happened on July 10.
"The TCAS-Resolution Advisory system was triggered on two of our aircraft operating Coimbatore-Hyderabad and Bangalore-Cochin routes, respectively, on July 10, 2018.
"Following normal procedure this has been reported to the regulator," the airline spokesperson said in a statement.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the aviation regulator.
- Delhi sealing: Are officials sleeping or keeping their eyes closed, asks SC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ED files charge sheets in seven coal scam cases 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Six held for sexually assaulting Russian tourist in TN: Police 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Paper leaks: CBSE mulling encrypted question papers from next year 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No plan to increase retirement age of SC, HC judges: Prasad 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Thai youth soccer players rescued from cave meet the media 18 Jul 2018 | AP
- Govt to revisit AI stake sale plan after oil prices, forex rates stabilise 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India' first comprehensive anti-trafficking bill introduced in Lok Sabha 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 60-year-old man held for raping minor girl in Odisha 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MiG 21 crashes in Kangra district of Himachal 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...