Unlike Modi I am human, thanks for pointing out mistake: Rahul to BJP
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday thanked the BJP for pointing out mistakes in his tweet question on Tuesday over inflation, saying that "unlike" Prime Minister Narendra Modi he was "human" and did make the odd mistake. He asked the BJP to "please do keep it coming".
"For all my BJP friends: unlike Narendrabhai (Prime Minister Narendra Modi), I am human. We do make the odd mistake and that's what makes life interesting. Thanks for pointing it out and please do keep it coming, it really helps me improve. Love you all," Rahul Gandhi said in a tweet.
The Tuesday tweet was part of his strategy to put one question daily to Modi ahead of the Gujarat elections. Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday asked if the Bharatiya Janata Party government was working only for the rich and pointed out rise in prices compared to 2014 - when the BJP came to power.
However, the percentage-wise figures were wrongly calculated. Later, the tweet was corrected.
- Let contentious issues, extraneous debates not distract us: Prez's I-day message 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Falling rupee gives 'supreme leader' a vote of no-confidence: Rahul 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Traffic restrictions on some roads for I-Day function tomorrow 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Union min 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 'One nation, one poll' a good idea but not implementable at present: Nitish 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- I pleaded for burial space at Marina: Stalin 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- SC to hear plea of 300 Army personnel challenging FIR against them in AFSPA areas 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 2 Pakistani soldiers killed by Indian Army in J-K's Kupwara 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee plummets to historic low of 70.09 on Turkish lira collapse 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Attack on Umar Khalid: Delhi Police says not intimated about event 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...