- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
7 inmates dead, 17 injured in South Carolina prison fighting
Seven inmates have been killed and at least 17 others seriously injured amid fighting between prisoners inside a maximum security prison in South Carolina.
Prisons spokesman Jeff Taillon announced the grim outcome after State Law Enforcement Division agents helped secure Lee Correctional Institution around 3 AM today.
Taillon said no officers were wounded after multiple inmate fights broke out at 7:15 PM Sunday. He said 17 of the injured required medical attention outside the prison.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections tweeted that it involved multiple inmate-on-inmate altercations in three housing units.
Lee County Fire/Rescue said ambulances from multiple jurisdictions lined up outside to tend to the wounded. The local coroner's office also responded.
The maximum-security facility in Bishopville houses about 1,500 inmates, some of South Carolina's most violent and longest-serving offenders. Two officers were stabbed in a 2015 fight. One inmate killed another in February.
- SBI PO Pre Result 2018 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Guatemala volcano eruption toll reaches 116 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Amazon faces web issues globally on Prime Day 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Adidas to use only recycled plastic by 2024 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- itel launches first dual camera smartphone in India 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- IMF cuts India's growth projection 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Truecaller announces 'Call Recording' feature 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tent collapses during PM's Midnapore rally, 67 injured 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 25 million cyberattacks thwarted during World Cup: Putin 16 Jul 2018 | AP
- India wins nine medals in World Junior Wushu Championships 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...