74% appear in first set of rail exam
A record 74 per cent candidates were present in the first shift of the railways' mega online exam for more than 60,000 jobs that began today, the national transporter said.
Around 1,19,110 candidates out of 1,61,332 gave the exam at 416 centres across 160 cities of the country. The attendance is a record for all Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) exams since 2015 -- both for offline as well as online tests, it said.
Nearly 48 lakh candidates will be taking the exam for 66,502 vacancies of assistant loco-pilots (ALP) and technicians. The exams will be conducted in a phased manner till August 31. The next set of exams is tomorrow, followed by August 13, 14, 17, 20, 21, 29, 30 and 31.
- N Korea urges Trump to be 'bold' on denuclearisation 18 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Asiad a proving ground for 2020 Tokyo Olympics : Japan 18 Aug 2018 | AP
- 'Tearful' Musk aims for $25,000 Tesla car 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Death toll rises to 42 in Italy bridge collapse 18 Aug 2018 | AP
- UN chief 'saddened' over destruction by Kerala flood 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Google Doodle on opening day of 18th Asiad 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Cricketer who struggled for 22 years to become Pak PM 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Merkel expects tough talks with Putin 17 Aug 2018 | AFP
- China says will extend fresh invitation to Mamata 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DC mayor says she got through to Trump on parade 17 Aug 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2018 | PNS | lOHARDAGA
Four ministers of School Children’s Parliament of Govt Middle school Narauli were felicitated for their outstanding leadership and excellent services in school management on the occasion of 72nd Independence Day. After the flag hoisting programme President Ramdayal Oraon, Prime Minister Sheela Oraon, Education Minister Anjali Oraon and Nutrition Minister Chandmuni Oraon were given certificate of appreciation and Oxford English Grammar book as prize...