Actors have fallen in love on my film sets: Karan Johar
Karan Johar said when it comes to his films, romance is not limited to the characters he etches for the celluloid but the director said actors have often fallen for each other on the sets of his movies.
The 45-year-old filmmaker said he can easily recall actors on his sets falling in love "more than five times".
"Yes, it happens all the time. It has happened more than five times, I can assure you. People fall in love, it's the industry of love," Karan said.
The director added the off-screen romance has never interfered in the making a film but has only "enhanced it".
When quizzed if he has a policy that actors are not allowed to date each other while working in the movie, Karan said, "No not at all. I love it. I don't believe you can ever (control) anyone's personal life. We are here to work, make movies... What people do in their personal capacity is entirely their thing.
"In fact, if they fall in love it's great. If it's legit and lovely... It's fine. Even if it's not, it's their problem."
The filmmaker was speaking at the launch of his radio show, "Calling Karan" for Ishq FM.
- Trump slams former White House aide Omarosa as 'a dog' 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- LA Police look into video of man spanking hippo 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Highway bridge collapse in Italy kills at least 20 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Goa to raise statues of Maradona, Ronaldo 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Twitter launches 'Lite' app for Android users in India 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ebola death toll in DR Congo at 41; new drug in use 14 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Samsung Galaxy S10 won't be company's first 5G device 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- I-Day: Metro services to begin early on Violet Line 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Centre declares Eid holiday on August 23 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No need to react to marriage rumours: Alia Bhatt 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...