- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Ambedkar statue vandalised in Greater Noida
A statue of BR Ambedkar in Richhpal Garhi village of Bisrakh in Greater Noida was found damaged, a day before the nation commemorates the birth anniversary of the Dalit icon.
The incident came to light last morning when the villagers spotted the statue of Ambedkar damaged. Heavy police force was deployed in view of the tense situation.
Suniti Singh, SP (rural), said a case was registered against unknown persons for vandalism and that the guilty would not be spared.
A large number of people from nearby villages had gathered after news of vandalism spread. Police, however, contained the mob. Singh said that the damaged statue was being replaced with a new one.
Security has been beefed up in Uttar Pradesh in view of Ambedkar Jayanti today to prevent any possible attempt at inciting violence, with political parties drawing up separate plans for the occasion.
- SBI PO Pre Result 2018 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Guatemala volcano eruption toll reaches 116 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Amazon faces web issues globally on Prime Day 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Adidas to use only recycled plastic by 2024 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- itel launches first dual camera smartphone in India 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- IMF cuts India's growth projection 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Truecaller announces 'Call Recording' feature 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tent collapses during PM's Midnapore rally, 67 injured 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 25 million cyberattacks thwarted during World Cup: Putin 16 Jul 2018 | AP
- India wins nine medals in World Junior Wushu Championships 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...