Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of not paying child support
Actress Angelina Jolie has accused her estranged husband Brad Pitt of not paying "meaningful" child support since their separation.
Almost two years after the Hollywood power couple separated, Jolie is trying to kickstart the process so that it can be finalised by the end of the year, reports telegraph.co.uk.
Jolie's lawyer filed papers in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday saying the actress wanted a judgment "returning the parties to single status during calendar year 2018."
The document also said that Pitt had "paid no meaningful child support since separation" and said that although informal arrangements had been made with him, payments "had not been regularly sustained."
Jolie filed for divorce in September 2016, ending two years of marriage and a 10-year romance. The two have six children -- Maddox, Shiloh, Pax, Vivienne, Zahara and Knox -- for whom she is seeking primary custody.
Mindy Nyby, a spokeswoman for the actress, said on Tuesday that the court filing was intended "to provide closure to the marriage in a way that clears a path towards the next stage of their lives and allows her and Brad to recommit as devoted co-parents to their children."
Pitt's representatives declined to comment.
A source familiar with the matter, who was not authorised to speak publicly, said that "Brad is someone who fulfills his commitments."
The divorce filing, citing irreconcilable differences, triggered a bitter custody dispute during which Pitt was investigated and cleared of child abuse. Final custody arrangements have yet to be agreed.
Pitt has kept a low profile in the past two years, while Jolie has recently been filming a sequel to fairytale drama "Maleficent" in London and directed a 2017 film about the 1970s Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia in which more than one million people died.
- NASA's Parker Solar Probe operating as planned: Scientists 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- N Korea urges Trump to be 'bold' on denuclearisation 18 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Asiad a proving ground for 2020 Tokyo Olympics : Japan 18 Aug 2018 | AP
- 'Tearful' Musk aims for $25,000 Tesla car 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Death toll rises to 42 in Italy bridge collapse 18 Aug 2018 | AP
- UN chief 'saddened' over destruction by Kerala flood 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Google Doodle on opening day of 18th Asiad 18 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Cricketer who struggled for 22 years to become Pak PM 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Merkel expects tough talks with Putin 17 Aug 2018 | AFP
- China says will extend fresh invitation to Mamata 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...