Apple working on gold variant of iPhone X
Apple is reportedly working on a gold-colour variant of premium iPhone X as seen in recent photos published by the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
"This seems a little too good to be true but the FCC appears to have published photos of a gold iPhone X. Dated from last September and released earlier in April, these photos show an iPhone X unmistakably in an unreleased gold finish," 9to5Mac reported late on Friday.
The prototype iPhone X has rich gold stainless steel frame and a lighter gold glass back that appears to match the gold colour in iPhone 8.
"The photo annotations do include reference to an 'LCD display' which is a little strange as the iPhone X uses an OLED panel. Other than that, it resembles an iPhone X in every way," the report added.
The documents filed with the FCC reportedly suggest the photos were taken as much as several months ahead of the iPhone X unveiling in September, 2017.
Given the timing of the document, it is likely that the iPhone-maker planned on releasing the iPhone X in three colors -- gold, silver and space gray -- however was ultimately forced to shelve the gold colour option ahead of release due to production issues according to MacRumors.
- CIA: China is waging a 'quiet kind of cold war' against US 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- US announces $200 mn military aid to Ukraine 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Ohio killer spared after extent of childhood abuse revealed 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director James fired 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Deadly Israeli strikes pound Gaza after soldier killed 21 Jul 2018 | AFP
- China, UAE sign deals as president visits Abu Dhabi 20 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Divers search for bodies after duck boat accident kills 13 20 Jul 2018 | AP
- Suspect detained in killing of Olympic figure skating star 20 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump threatens tariffs on all USD 505 bn of Chinese imports 20 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Merkel warns US of counter-measures over car tariffs threat 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...