- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Croatia on fire after World Cup 'miracle'
Tears and cries of joy, hugs and chants, firecrackers and flares -- Croatia was on fire late Wednesday after their victory against England set up a first ever appearance in a World Cup final.
"Croatia in World Cup finals! It is so beautiful! Miracle of all miracles in Russia!" the state-run HRT television commentator Drago Cosic shouted ecstatically.
Croatia beat England 2-1 in extra-time thanks to a Mario Mandzukic goal in the second period of extra-time to book a date with France in Moscow on Sunday.
Thousands of fans gathered at the country's largest fan zone in Zagreb's main square, braving intermittent rain to cheer on the "Fiery Ones" (Vatreni) on a giant screen.
"We can be proud and happy ... We don't want to stop here," Croatia's star player Luka Modric told HRT - 'Like lions -
"Only great teams can be so courageous and make a comeback afer trailing 1-0 against England," Mandzukic said.
"We were losing and we returned, we were like lions." Local media praised the players as heroes.
"Perisic and Mandzukic heroes -- Miraculous Croatia shocks England and makes it to the World Cup final for first time in history!" said the Tportal website.
"Dalic's team played another dramatic match and with a new miraculous victory made its fans proud again!" "Bravo! Everyone should celebrate ... Dalic's Fiery Ones achieved the biggest success in Croatian football history!," commented Sportske Novosti paper online.
"We brought down the English! Croatia is in World Cup final! Bravo our heroes, bravo! Deep bow!," said the Vecernji List paper online.
- Ad featuring Bachchan, daughter raises hackles of bank union 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Venkaiah Naidu speaks in 10 languages in Rajya Sabha 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Humid day in Delhi 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 'One direction' back together to judge 'X Factor' 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 5-feet long python rescued from house in Gurgaon 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EU slaps record $5 bn fine on Google, Pichai says will appeal 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Priyanka Chopra turns 36, celebrates in London 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- A Paul Walker documentary to premiere next month 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Elon Musk apologises to British caver for 'pedo' slur 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Model breastfeeds baby on catwalk -- and stirs debate 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...