Facebook best place to work, Apple slips to 84th spot
While Facebook has become the best place to work in America, Cupertino-based tech giant Apple has tumbled to number 84 this year from its 36th position last year in the leading job website Glassdoor's "100 Best Places to Work in the US".
Apple still remains a highly rated employer -- with 4.3 out of 5 rating by Glassdoor - but other tech giants like Google, World Wide Technology, Yahoo and VMware are way ahead in the listings.
Global management consulting firm Bain & Company is the second best place to work, followed by Boston Consulting Group, In-N-Out Burger and Google.
"It's clear employees love working at Facebook. What we really see them appreciate most is the company's mission-driven culture, transparent leadership and the fact that their work literally impacts the lives of billions of people worldwide," Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman said in a statement.
When it comes to "cons" for working at Apple, several employees who anonymously reviewed the company on Glassdoor said the iPhone maker is "strapped for resources" and "offers a poor work-life balance".
"Office space is very sparse, bring your own tea and snacks kind of a deal. Lunch isn't free, although dinner is. Nobody is going to pat you on the back for your work, and you're expected to advance your own career, or find the mentorship you need," one Apple employee wrote on Glassdoor.
SAP is at 11th spot, Salesforce at 15th, LinkedIn at 21th, Adobe at 31th, Microsoft at 39th and SpaceX is at 50th place in Glassdoor's listing.
According to Glassdoor, the ranking system is based on "a proprietary awards algorithm", which is designed to calculate the "quantity, quality, and consistency of company reviews submitted by employees between November 1, 2016, and October 22, 2017".
- Indian junior women's hockey team beats Belgium in U-23 tourney 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Marvel launching 'Black Panther' comic spin-ff 'Shuri' 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Oil import from Iran; India, US hold crucial talks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EU set to fine Google billions over Android: sources 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Yvonne Blake, 'Superman' costume designer, dies at 78 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt sets up committee to find ways to strengthen NCC, NSS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Facebook joins Skill India Mission to empower youth 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Trump under fire for defending Putin over poll meddling 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Vidya Balan Is All Set To Play NTR’s Wife Basavatarakam In Her First Telugu Film 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan among world's highest-paid celebs 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...