- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
I don't see myself as a victim: Sunny Leone
Sunny Leone says whenever her name is dragged into controversies, she may feel like a "soft target" but does not identify as a "victim".
In the past, her dance performances have been cancelled and the actor has been at the receiving end of some politicians' sexist remarks.
Asked if she feels victimised, Leone said, "I don't see myself as a victim but I may be a soft target. I believe people should have the right to say what they want to, when they want to, how they want to, whether it's right or wrong is their choice and moral stand."
"Most of the time I brush it off because it's nonsense... Sometimes it gets on my nerves. Does it hurt me? No. Is it annoying? Yes," the actor, whose real name is Karenjit Kaur, told reporters here.
The actor was speaking at the launch of her biographical web series, "Karenjit Kaur- The Untold Story of Sunny Leone".
Asked if there were portions from her life she did not want the film to explore, Leone said, "A lot (of them)".
Leone described the process of narrating her story to the show's writers as full of "laugh and a lot of tears".
"It had to make sense to our story. So whether it was a good thing or bad, I had to tell it all. We sat for six months where I just told stories about myself and from those stories we have made 20 episodes," she said.
The Zee5 web series goes online from July 16 and the actor says she is nervous about sharing her story with the world.
"I'm still trying to get convinced if I did the right thing but what Aditya (director) has shot, it's really beautiful. I'm happy the director let me be me.
"I'm still on the fence whether it was the right choice or the wrong. I know deep down it was the right choice. I'm just scared, that's all," she added.
- IMF cuts India's growth projection 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Truecaller announces 'Call Recording' feature 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tent collapses during PM's Midnapore rally, 67 injured 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 25 million cyberattacks thwarted during World Cup: Putin 16 Jul 2018 | AP
- India wins nine medals in World Junior Wushu Championships 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- France World Cup win 'as beautiful' as 1998 victory for Deschamps 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Facebook fails to stop users from sharing pirated movies 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- James McAvoy wants to make more movies in 'Unbreakable' universe 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Thai cave rescue divers given diplomatic immunity: report 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Sansa Stark now true leader of Winterfell, says Sophie Turner 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...