- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Incessant rain in surrounding areas keep Delhi's pollution level in check
Incessant rain in areas surrounding Delhi kept the pollution level in check as clean, moisture-laden winds replaced the polluted air, officials said today.
The Air Quality Index of Delhi was reported to be at 110 which falls in the moderate level.
An AQI between 0-50 is considered "Good", 51-100 "Satisfactory", 101-200 "Moderate", 201-300 "Poor", 301-400 "Very Poor", and 401-500 "Severe".
The PM10 level (presence of particles with diameter less than 10mm) was beyond severe at 132 in Delhi-NCR and 126 in Delhi.
The PM2.5 level (presence of particles with diameter less than 2.5 mm) was 43 in Delhi-NCR and 45 in Delhi today, according to Central Pollution Control Board data.
Gufran Beig, a scientist at the Centre-run System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research institute (SAFAR), said incessant rain in surrounding areas of Delhi has led to the flow of clean moisture-laden winds into the city that is cleansing the air.
Delhiites breathed clean air last month after nearly a year. The pollution level has since been in check and has remained at satisfactory or moderate level.
There was a dip in the air quality on June 13 due to dust storms in western India that pushed the pollution level to "severe plus", bringing to light that emergency level pollution could be a "summer-time problem" too.
- IMF cuts India's growth projection 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Truecaller announces 'Call Recording' feature 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tent collapses during PM's Midnapore rally, 67 injured 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 25 million cyberattacks thwarted during World Cup: Putin 16 Jul 2018 | AP
- India wins nine medals in World Junior Wushu Championships 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- France World Cup win 'as beautiful' as 1998 victory for Deschamps 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Facebook fails to stop users from sharing pirated movies 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- James McAvoy wants to make more movies in 'Unbreakable' universe 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Thai cave rescue divers given diplomatic immunity: report 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Sansa Stark now true leader of Winterfell, says Sophie Turner 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...