International Women's Day most-talked about moment on Facebook
As the world gets its act together to bridge the gender gap and debates women-related issues, the International Women's Day was the most-talked about moment in 2017 on Facebook with conversations around the subject doubling from last year.
More than 165 million people generated more than 430 million interactions around the world related to the Women's Day. Facebook posts from the US, India, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina accounted for more than half of the conversations globally.
With more than 262 million views on the social media platform, "Super Bowl 51" grabbed the second spot, followed by the Las Vegas shooting that left 58 people dead and 546 injured, Facebook said in its "2017 Year In Review" listing on Wednesday.
Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" performance was the most-loved moment of the Super Bowl game this year.
"The Las Vegas violence motivated more than 3,300 people to offer community help through "Crisis Response" on Facebook," the social media giant said.
The massive September earthquake in Mexico at fourth spot drove millions of users marked themselves safe, offered aid or donated money to relief efforts on Facebook.
During hurricane "Harvey" in late August, the community rallied to help those in need by raising more than $20 million, in the biggest fundraising effort for a single crisis in 2017 on Facebook.
Terror-struck "One Love Manchester" concert by singer Ariana Grande was the most viewed video and live broadcast on Facebook in 2017.
The benefit concert generated over 80 million views and raised more than $450,000 for those affected by the Manchester terror attack.
People also used Facebook to get connected in person worldwide.
The total solar eclipse in August brought the world together through more than 20,000 Facebook "Events" in more than 80 countries.
Women's March on Washington, DC in January brought over 500,000 people together on and offline as the largest Facebook event for a single cause in the year.
- Humbolt penguin gives birth to chick in Mumbai zoo 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Disney confirms James Gunn won't be hired back for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Former India captain Ajit Wadekar no more 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Putin to attend Austrian foreign minister''s wedding 15 Aug 2018 | AP
- Modi visits AIIMS to inquire about Vajpayee's health 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India taking its rightful place as leading global power: US 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Putin invites Kim for urgent summit: Report 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Rani Laxmibai an iconic role: Kangana Ranaut 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ISRO to send Indian into space by 2022 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...