Kids lost weight but 'took care of themselves' in Thai cave
A Thai health official says the soccer teammates rescued from a flooded cave lost weight during their two-week ordeal but had water while they were trapped and are in good health.
Thongchai Lertwilairatanapong, a public health inspector, said Wednesday the 12 boys and coach rescued over the three previous days "took care of themselves well in the cave."
Thongchai said one member of the final group of four boys and the coach who arrived at a hospital Tuesday evening had a slight lung infection.
Two of the first group had a lung infection as well, and Thongchai said they would need medicine for seven days.
Divers extracted the team in a high-risk mission inside the flooded passageways. The group entered the cave June 23 but flooding cut off the exit.
- Oil import from Iran; India, US hold crucial talks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EU set to fine Google billions over Android: sources 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Yvonne Blake, 'Superman' costume designer, dies at 78 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt sets up committee to find ways to strengthen NCC, NSS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Facebook joins Skill India Mission to empower youth 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Trump under fire for defending Putin over poll meddling 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Vidya Balan Is All Set To Play NTR’s Wife Basavatarakam In Her First Telugu Film 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan among world's highest-paid celebs 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- SBI PO Pre Result 2018 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Guatemala volcano eruption toll reaches 116 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...