Malayalam actress Priya Varrier floors social media with a smile and wink
A wink, and a shy but mischievous smile by Malayalam actress Priya Prakash Varrier in a 28-second clip from a film song has turned the 18-year-old into an internet sensation.
Priya, who features in the clip from "Manikya malaraya poovi" -- a song from her forthcoming Malayalam film debut "Oru Adaar Love" -- has, in her own words, become a "national trend" on social media.
The song was launched online on February 9. It garnered almost 10,000,000 views on YouTube till Tuesday evening.
She registered on Twitter only earlier this month, and has already garnered a following of 60,000. On Instagram, she has got 2.5 million followers, and got a blue tick. She also has a verified official Facebook page.
Priya, who belongs to Thrissur in Kerala, is ecstatic.
"Can't believe this, #NationalTrend. Thank you so much for your love and support," Priya tweeted on Monday as she shared a snapshot of Twitter's viral trends.
Her expressive eyes, innocence and smile in the clip wherein she gets flirty with her co-actor, have done the trick.
Telugu film actor Allu Arjun tweeted: "The cutest video I have seen in recent times. The power of simplicity. Love it!"
He was among the several others who noted the video for its old world charm of romancing with the eyes.
As the video clip went viral, Twitter was filled with memes capturing the funny side --- some involved Gautam Gambhir, Ravi Shastri, Virat Kohli, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and even Katrina Kaif.
One tweet read: "Priya Prakash Varrier gave all types of expressions in that two minutes that Katrina Kaif couldn't give in her entire Bollywood career."
Priya's debut film, releasing next month, is written and directed by Omar Lulu, and produced by Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy under the banner of Ousepachan Movie House. It stars a bunch of newcomers and has music by Shaan Rahman.
- WhatsApp CEO Chris Daniels on India visit this week 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- HCL introduces AI-powered testing automation platform 20 Aug 2018 | IANS
- I have become stronger after Rio injury: Vinesh 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Jio tops Fortune's Change the World list 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Facebook donates Rs 1.75 crore for Kerala flood victims 20 Aug 2018 | IANS
- NASA optimistic about Mars rover recovery 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ola enters UK, rides in South Wales 20 Aug 2018 | IANS
- China's defence minister to visit India tomorrow 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PepsiCo buys Israel's SodaStream for USD 3.2 billion 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- Apple kills '25,000' illegal gambling apps in China 20 Aug 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The beauty of city of lakes painted through vibrant colours and the eye catching shades over canvas spellbound the art appreciators. A group painting exhibition is being put up at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery that began here from Monday...