- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Milos Forman, 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' director, dies at 86
Milos Forman, the Oscar-winning director of the films "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "Amadeus", has died. He was 86.
The Czech-born director died in the US after a brief illness, his wife, Martina, told Czech news agency CTK, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Considered one of the pioneers of the Czechoslovak New Wave, Forman left his home country in 1968 after his films, particularly "The Fireman's Ball", got in trouble with the administration. He became a US citizen in 1977.
His first American film was "Taking Off" in 1971 and he followed it up with "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in 1975, which became the second film to win five Oscars -- picture, director, actor, actress and adapted screenplay.
Starring Jack Nicholson, the film was an adaptation of Ken Kesey's 1962 novel of the same name.
Forman's "Amadeus", a fictionalised biography of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, also swept the Oscars, fetching him his second best director trophy apart from registering seven other wins at the 57th Academy Awards.
His other notable films include "Hair" (1979), "Ragtime" (1981) and "Valmont" (1989).
He received his last best director Oscar nod for the 1996 film,"The People Vs Larry Flynt".
- SBI PO Pre Result 2018 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Guatemala volcano eruption toll reaches 116 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Amazon faces web issues globally on Prime Day 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Adidas to use only recycled plastic by 2024 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- itel launches first dual camera smartphone in India 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- IMF cuts India's growth projection 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Truecaller announces 'Call Recording' feature 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Tent collapses during PM's Midnapore rally, 67 injured 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 25 million cyberattacks thwarted during World Cup: Putin 16 Jul 2018 | AP
- India wins nine medals in World Junior Wushu Championships 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...