New Snapchat feature to let users delete chat messages
Photo-messaging app Snapchat is reportedly rolling out a new feature called "clear chats" that will allow users to delete messages from personal and group chat-threads.
The new feature is aimed at making people more comfortable sending sensitive information over Snapchat.
This could also check cases of revenge porn and blackmails where hackers or others threat and expose abusive conversations and personal images, TechCrunch reported on Monday.
"Hold down on a text, image, video, memory, sticker or audio note in a one-on-one or group chat, you'll see a 'delete' button. Tap it and Snapchat will try to retract the message, though it admits it won't always work if the recipient lacks an internet connection or updated version of the app," the report added.
This feature may boost the app usage after it hit its slowest growth rate ever last quarter beacuse of Snapchat's globally criticised redesign.
Snapchat is reportedly working to roll out the "clear chats" feature globally over the next few weeks.
- Indian diaspora in US mourns Vajpayee's death 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Merkel, Putin share a headache: Donald Trump 17 Aug 2018 | AP
- Stress, overwork taking heavy toll : Elon Musk 17 Aug 2018 | AP
- Google employees protest over China search engine 17 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Pentagon postpones Trump's military parade 17 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Have lost part of my childhood: SRK on Vajpayee's death 17 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Australia teen breaches Apple's secure network 17 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Scarlett Johansson highest paid actress : Forbes 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Trump's media war 16 Aug 2018 | AP
- Free telecom services for People in Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | PNS | Jamshedpur
Tata Steel celebrated Nation’s 72nd Independence Day with patriotic fervour at its Jamshedpur Works and across its locations. The celebrations began with TV Narendran, CEO& Managing Director Tata Steel, hoisting the tricolor, which was followed by a ceremonial march past and the National Anthem...