Pleasant day in Delhi
It was a pleasant day in the national capital with the minimum temperature settling at 23.4 degrees Celsius, five notches below the normal for this season.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 38.4 degrees Celsius, which was one degree below the average.
The humidity level was between 97 to 40 per cent.
The rainfall recorded during the past 24 hours, till 8:30 am, was 4.7 mm and there was no rainfall thereafter, the meteorological department said.
The weather man has predicted partly cloudy sky tomorrow.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures would be around 40 and 26 degrees Celsius respectively," the department said.
The mercury dipped by several notches in Delhi after last evening's dust storm with winds gusting up to 70 kmph, bringing some relief from the searing heat.
Light rain was witnessed in many areas.
Yesterday, the minimum temperature had settled at 30 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season's average, while the maximum was recorded at 40.5 degrees Celsius.
- Indian diaspora in US mourns Vajpayee's death 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Merkel, Putin share a headache: Donald Trump 17 Aug 2018 | AP
- Stress, overwork taking heavy toll : Elon Musk 17 Aug 2018 | AP
- Google employees protest over China search engine 17 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Pentagon postpones Trump's military parade 17 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Have lost part of my childhood: SRK on Vajpayee's death 17 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Australia teen breaches Apple's secure network 17 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Scarlett Johansson highest paid actress : Forbes 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Trump's media war 16 Aug 2018 | AP
- Free telecom services for People in Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | PNS | Jamshedpur
Tata Steel celebrated Nation’s 72nd Independence Day with patriotic fervour at its Jamshedpur Works and across its locations. The celebrations began with TV Narendran, CEO& Managing Director Tata Steel, hoisting the tricolor, which was followed by a ceremonial march past and the National Anthem...