- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
Putin says willing to meet Trump whenever US is ready
Russian President Vladimir Putin said today he's happy to meet with President Donald Trump once Washington is ready to hold the summit.
Putin, speaking to reporters in Qingdao, China, where he attended a summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, said he agreed with Trump's expressions of concern about a renewed arms race. Putin added that a thorough discussion is needed to address the issue.
Putin said that some nations, including Austria, have offered to host his summit with Trump.
Putin's remarks follow a report that White House officials were working toward setting up a meeting. Trump has said he was open to having a summit with Putin, who US intelligence officials have said directed Russian meddling in the 2016 election to help Trump win.
The American leader has repeatedly said he wants to improve relationships with Moscow.
Earlier today, Putin criticised the US withdrawal from the Iranian nuclear deal in a speech at the summit.
He emphasised that the bloc's members, who also include China, four ex-Soviet Central Asian nations, as well as India and Pakistan, are worried about the US move.
Putin said that Washington's decision to exit the agreement could "destabilize the situation" in the region. He added that Moscow will continue to honour its obligations under the Iranian nuclear deal.
Last month, Trump pulled out of former President Barack Obama's landmark 2015 nuclear accord with Iran over the objections of European allies and other nations.
Addressing the summit, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, whose country has an observer status in the group, said that Iran would expect other participants in the nuclear deal to provide guarantees that they would honor the agreement.
Founded in 2001, the Beijing-based SCO has largely served as a vehicle for resolving border issues, fighting terrorism and — more implicitly — to counter American influence in Central Asia following its invasion of Afghanistan.
- Trump's media war 16 Aug 2018 | AP
- Free telecom services for People in Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dead at 76 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee will be remembered for remarkable leadership: Naidu 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- China unveils vehicle to explore moon's far side 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Humbolt penguin gives birth to chick in Mumbai zoo 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Disney confirms James Gunn won't be hired back for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Former India captain Ajit Wadekar no more 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Putin to attend Austrian foreign minister''s wedding 15 Aug 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
All private and Government schools will remain closed today as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Vajpayee passed away after prolonged illness at AIIMS in Delhi on Thursday...