- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
Renault showcases 2 EVs, seeks policy, infra roadmap
French auto major Renault today showcased its electric concept cars TREZOR and ZOE e- Sport at the Auto Expo 2018 here and said it is awaiting a clear policy and roadmap on infrastructure for electric vehicles to take a long-term strategic decision.
The company also showcased its Formula One car R.S. 17, the first car put together from scratch by the Renault Sport Formula One Team, Renault India said.
Besides, the French auto maker also displayed its range of Kwid Super Hero Edition.
"We have seen a shift towards better design and technology and globally the shift is towards electric autonomous and connected cars," Renault India country CEO and MD Sumit Sawhney told reporters here.
The company is well poised, optimistic and excited about its journey in India which is an important part of its global strategy, he said.
"Now that a transformation to E cars is inevitable in India, we await a clear policy towards government support incentives and R&D along with a clear roadmap for necessary infrastructure to enable us to adequately prepare to take strategic long-term decisions," he added.
Stating that India will be the third largest automotive market in the world by 2021, he said the company is serious about EV market in India which will play a key role in developing competence and knowledge about advanced and affordable EVs, and for that they would leverage the technology centre in India.
A two-seater electric coupe, TREZOR is 4.7-metre long, 2.18-metre wide and 1.08-metre high.
On the other hand, The ZOE e-Sport Concept is a fully electric concept made from lightweight carbon fibre, which helps to ensure outstanding acceleration from standstill to 100kph in just 3.2 seconds.
The 14th edition of the biennial Auto Expo kicked off at the outskirts of National Capital today and will continue till February 14.
- Trump's media war 16 Aug 2018 | AP
- Free telecom services for People in Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dead at 76 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee will be remembered for remarkable leadership: Naidu 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- China unveils vehicle to explore moon's far side 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Humbolt penguin gives birth to chick in Mumbai zoo 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Disney confirms James Gunn won't be hired back for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Former India captain Ajit Wadekar no more 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Putin to attend Austrian foreign minister''s wedding 15 Aug 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
All private and Government schools will remain closed today as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Vajpayee passed away after prolonged illness at AIIMS in Delhi on Thursday...