- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Trump heads to Europe, says Putin ‘easiest' of his meetings
President Donald Trump launched a week-long Europe trip on Tuesday with harsh criticism for NATO allies and predicted the "easiest" leg of his journey would be his scheduled sit-down with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
As he departed the White House for a four-nation European tour, Trump did little to reassure allies fretting over the risk of damage he could do to the 69-year-old trans-Atlantic mutual defense pact and his potential embrace of Putin during a summit in Helsinki.
Trump said on Tuesday he "can't say right now" if Putin is a friend or foe, but called him a "competitor". The US intelligence community has concluded that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to boost Trump's candidacy, and warns of further attempts at interference both in the 2018 mid terms and in European elections.
Speaking to reporters before leaving Washington for Brussels, where he is to attend the NATO summit, Trump criticised the pact, saying, "Frankly it helps them a lot more than it helps us."
Trump has been pressing NATO countries to fulfil their goal of spending 2 per cent of their gross domestic products on defense by 2024.
- Female Gurkhas in British Army from 2020 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Globe trotting 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Nawaz Sharif challenges 10-yr jail term 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Senior ANP leader survives assassination attempt in Pak 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Russia targeted by almost ‘25 million cyber-attacks’ during World Cup: Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Finland Dy PM sends climate, democracy message to Trump, Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Putin uses new Russian limo abroad for 1st time 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump wins sympathy from Russian media 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump blames Russia rift on US probe, Moscow agrees 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Wanted Trump to win, didn’t interfere: Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...