VP Naidu, PM Modi express grief over Shashi Kapoor's death
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi today expressed sorrow over the death of veteran actor Shashi Kapoor, saying his acting will be remembered for generations to come.
The legendary Bollywood actor, the romantic screen icon of the 70s and 80s, died this evening in Mumbai.
"Saddened by the passing away of veteran actor Shashi Kapoor. He will always be remembered for the memorable roles he played in a number of films. May his soul rest in peace," Naidu said on Twitter.
Modi said Kapoor's versatility could be seen in his movies as well as in theatre, which he promoted with great passion.
"His brilliant acting will be remembered for generations to come. Saddened by his demise. Condolences to his family and admirers," the PM tweeted.
- Humbolt penguin gives birth to chick in Mumbai zoo 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Disney confirms James Gunn won't be hired back for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Former India captain Ajit Wadekar no more 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Putin to attend Austrian foreign minister''s wedding 15 Aug 2018 | AP
- Modi visits AIIMS to inquire about Vajpayee's health 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India taking its rightful place as leading global power: US 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Putin invites Kim for urgent summit: Report 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Rani Laxmibai an iconic role: Kangana Ranaut 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ISRO to send Indian into space by 2022 15 Aug 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...