- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
You can't send money yet via WhatsApp in India
Contrary to media reports claiming that now you can transfer money via WhatsApp in India, the digital payment feature in the platform is still in the testing phase and will be officially rolled out to over 200 million Indian users in the days to come.
The feature is currently in beta but has not been publicly announced because it is not widely available at this moment.
Some users have received the beta update but "it will be wrong to assume that the feature is currently live in India for all users," informed sources told IANS.
"There will be an official announcement when the feature finally goes live in India," they added.
When launched, the new payments feature is set to give a tough competition to Paytm and other digital payment services like Google Tez.
The payments feature would take advantage of UPI (Unified Payments Interface) and include support by a number of banks, including the State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, and Axis Bank.
Beta testers found their WhatsApp interface displaying a large list of supported banks and they can see a payments feature appear in their WhatsApp Settings menu.
In order to configure the feature, users must first verify their phone number via SMS and then choose a bank.
After the completion of the configuration, the option to send a payment becomes available.
The terms and conditions said that WhatsApp is not a licensed financial institution, do not receive, transfer, or store any funds in connection with Payments, and are not responsible for UPI service interruptions or acts or omissions of PSPs or your bank including the payment, settlement, and clearance of funds.
"You have a separate relationship with your bank regarding your bank account, and WhatsApp has no affiliation with your bank in this respect," it added.
- Trump's media war 16 Aug 2018 | AP
- Free telecom services for People in Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dead at 76 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee will be remembered for remarkable leadership: Naidu 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- China unveils vehicle to explore moon's far side 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Humbolt penguin gives birth to chick in Mumbai zoo 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Disney confirms James Gunn won't be hired back for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Former India captain Ajit Wadekar no more 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Putin to attend Austrian foreign minister''s wedding 15 Aug 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
All private and Government schools will remain closed today as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Vajpayee passed away after prolonged illness at AIIMS in Delhi on Thursday...