- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Bendre tells her son about rape
Actress SONALI BENDRE shared an example of explaining rape to her son. She revealed, “The conversation started because I mistakenly said the ‘F’ word out loud. He asked me why was it such a big deal to use that word? We were in a dilemma. Goldie said that there is never later. If the question has come up, that means its the right time.” Her husband explained, “It is very important that he realises the word’s meaning. He needs to understand, that sex isn’t a bad word. When two people are in love with each other, it is the most beautiful thing. But rape is the most atrocious thing to do to a human being, since you are violating a person’s innermost being, forcefully. The same act, which can give you immense pleasure and love, can be the most horrendous.”
‘Even my sons take me for granted at times and I feel embarrassed when I keep calling them, but I cannot help it. In fact, every mother in this world is protective about her child. When I was small, I used to do the same thing, but now that I am a mother I realise how this feels.’
Actor AKSHAY KUMAR shares a close bond with John Abraham but he doesn’t seem to be happy with his film Gold and John’s forthcoming movie Satyameva Jayate releasing on the same date. Akshay sarcastically expressed his displeasure over the issue by taking a jibe at John’s statement. “It is true that he is my friend and I have learned that anyone can release their film with other actor’s film so, next time, I will also do the same.”
Arnie-Maria still married
Actor and author ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER and his wife Maria Shriver are awaiting their divorce to be official seven years after filing it. Journalist and author Maria Shriver filed the divorce on July 1, 2011, after she learned that Schwarzenegger fathered a child with their housekeeper. There was never any custody complaint of their four children, two of whom were minors at the time. Christopher is now 20, so there hasn't been a theoretical custody issue for years. As for a property settlement, there was a pot of around $400 million to split. The couple reportedly started dating in 1982 and married in 1986. As per reports, Schwarzenegger has not shown interest in making the divorce final.
- Corporate Briefs 19 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- IFJAS boosts international business 19 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Shop organic at Thai floating markets 19 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Encourage sustainable agriculture 19 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Technology for a healthier nation 19 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Tyrese wants to make peace with the Rock 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Smelling coffee good for analytical skills 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Upcycling the waste game 19 Jul 2018 | Chahak Mittal
- Trend blazer 19 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- New-age duo keeps it real 19 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...