- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Sanju at film fest in Melbourne
The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne from August 10-22, where Rajkumar Hirani is a guest, has the theme of inclusion. This has been integral to his cinematic career as Munna Bhai MBBS, PK, 3 idiots have spoken about inclusion. Hirani said, “I’m looking forward to the festival this year especially since the festival is championing this theme.” Sanju has been nominated for best film, director, actor and supporting performance at the IFFM Awards.
I would like to stay away from films or songs that involve the objectification of women. How we use freedom of expression is very important. If it doesn’t demean a woman or objectify women and is done in an entertaining manner, I don’t see any harm in that
— aLI Zafar
Actor Ali Fazal shot a song sequence at La Martiniere College, Lucknow, his alma mater. The song was with Amyra Dastur, his co-actor in the building, that gave him many firsts. The duo danced in the corridors and on the school grounds for their new film Prassthanam. The film also stars Sanjay Dutt and Satyajeet Dubey, it is directed by Indian-American director Deva Katta. Not only did the actor shake a leg in the classrooms but also met teachers and staff members who moulded him.
Prassthanam has proved to be special for him for several reasons. First, a film with Sanjay Dutt. Then his closest friend Satyajeet Dubey is part of the film, third he is shooting it in Lucknow and now he has an entire song featuring his school. He said “Going back to school as a working individual and to shoot there for a film is almost unreal. It was a great experience, the school hasn’t changed at all. I loved every bit of La Martiniere.”
Kashmir bonds with Tom Cruise
Hollywood icon Tom Cruise along with his latest Mission Impossible landed in India’s Kashmir to stop a sinister plot.
From the start to the thrilling climax scene in Mission: Impossible — Fallout, there are many points which have a desi twist. And they bring Impossible Mission Force agent Ethan Hunt, essayed by Cruise, to India to save the world.
While there are several references to India but the makers didn’t shoot the movie in India but transformed a valley in New Zealand into a small village of Kashmir. “We wouldn’t have had a permission to shoot a helicopter chase sequence anywhere in the world apart from New Zealand,” said Christopher McQuarrie, director.
- Map of confluence 17 Jul 2018 | Uma Nair
- Impression of Reality 17 Jul 2018 | Chahak Mittal
- Epic narratives 17 Jul 2018 | Uma Nair
- Cruising breathless 17 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- A super villain’s lore 17 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Rain-proof yourself 17 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Voice from the Himalayas 16 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Rulebook for a New age 16 Jul 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj
- Can organic food work for dogs too? 16 Jul 2018 | Amol Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...