- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
AAI’s global meet
With an objective to address the air traffic flow capacity management (ATFCM) and form regulations to avoid exceeding flow of air traffic beyond the airport and air space capacity, the Air Traffic Flow Management Steering Group was constituted by International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). The group meets once every two years to study the manner in which the demand capacity imbalance could be addressed uniformly across the globe so that the airline community could optimise its operations consuming the delay on account of such capacity imbalance with least inconvenience to the travelling passengers.
Airports Authority of India (AAI) is a vibrant growing aviation market in the world who decided to host the meeting in New Delhi.
The commitment of India to ICAO’s objectives of performance were based on management strategies to achieve consistent improvements in the area of safety, efficiency, security and environment. The remarkable progress made by AAI in establishing a nationwide ATFM system, contributed significantly towards development of regional ATFM framework facilitating harmonisation of ATM services across the Asia Pacific Airspace.
Shane Sumner, secretary, Asia – Pacific region, ICAO appreciated the contribution of India in bringing out global guideline document for Air Traffic Flow Management (DOC-9971) and congratulated AAI for its initiative in hosting this prestigious event and arranging a technical visit to the state of the art Central Air Traffic Flow Management – command and control centre located at IGI, Palam airport for gaining enormous insight knowledge in the Air Traffic Flow management.
The five day meeting was attended by delegates from USA, China, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Philippines, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Indonesia and Myanmar apart from various International Aviation organisations.
- Dabangg backfired 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- A tale of cities 21 Jul 2018 | Asmita Sarkar
- No hiding under the mask 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- It’s all in his Shoes 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Inclusive India exists’ 21 Jul 2018 | Anubhav Sinha
- Confluence of crystals 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Luxury is an experience’ 21 Jul 2018 | Chahak Mittal
- The car is a robot 20 Jul 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- Gorgeous 20 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Your luck won’t fail you here 20 Jul 2018 | Muskan Kathuria
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...