- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Change the Habit Change the habitat is an initiative by Hawa Badlo movement motivating the masses to take a pledge to curb pollution, it has touched lives of around fourty thousand Indians and has a target to achieve around one lakh individuals. This initiative has been educating people by reaching out to various colleges/corporate offices and fuel pumps where the masses are told about the perils of air pollution in life and what all measures can be taken to improve the air quality. Actress Richa Chadha and Cricketer Gautam Gambhir are among the famous people taking the pledge.
Hawa Badlo movement is actively supported by GAIL (India) Ltd and this initiative has been a need of the hour as WHO recently released the global air pollution database which reveals that India has 14 out of the 15 most polluted cities in the world in terms of PM 2.5 concentrations, with the worst being Kanpur.
Hawa Badlo’s movement’s main objective is to create awareness about the consequences of environmental contamination caused by human activity. Change the Habit Change the habitat pledge covers various aspects of life such as: I shall opt for CNG in my new car, I shall plant 10 trees in my society or office premises and take care of them, I shall procure natural gas for all energy requirements of the factor (for factory manager/proprietor), I shall never spit in or out of the house, and never throw any remains of flowers, food plastic or waste in any water body, I shall prefer carpooling or public transport for regular work travel in the city, I shall spread awareness about clean air pure drinking water in my society office and amongst friends and I shall cover small distance by cycling of walking.
- Dabangg backfired 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- A tale of cities 21 Jul 2018 | Asmita Sarkar
- No hiding under the mask 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- It’s all in his Shoes 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Inclusive India exists’ 21 Jul 2018 | Anubhav Sinha
- Confluence of crystals 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Luxury is an experience’ 21 Jul 2018 | Chahak Mittal
- The car is a robot 20 Jul 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- Gorgeous 20 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Your luck won’t fail you here 20 Jul 2018 | Muskan Kathuria
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...