- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Foodgrains production up
The Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh said that increased expenditure has led to increase in production of the foodgrains
Radha Mohan Singh addressed officials at the National Food Security Mission’s (NFSM) 13th General Council meeting. He said that the fourth estimates has revealed record foodgrain production at 275.68 million tonnes comprising of 110.15 mn tonnes paddy, 98.38 mn tonnes wheat, 22.95 mn tonnes pulses and 44.19 mn tonnes coarse cereal. All the three MoS – Parshottam Rupala, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, and Krishna Raj were present at the meeting.
Singh shared activities of National Food Security Mission which are – 638 districts of 29 states grew pulses in 2016-12 against 468 districts of 16 states in 2012-13, coarse cereals were included in 12th scheme, NFSM-coarse cereal is being implemented in 265 districts of the country since 2014-15.
The council took these decisions at the meeting – allocation of additional funds to target pulse cultivation in the rice fallow areas, allocation of funds by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) institutes for Front Line Demonstration of rice, wheat, pulses and coarse cereals by various Krishi Vigyan Kendras, distribution of seeds mini kits and assistance to the central agencies for the production of certified seeds of pulses, under National Food Security Mission pulse programme – promotion of beekeeping with arhar dal during Front Line Demonstration, additional fund allocation for production of breeder seeds of pulses and creation of seed hubs.
Singh concluded by saying that increased expenditure has led to increase in production of the foodgrains.
- Dabangg backfired 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- A tale of cities 21 Jul 2018 | Asmita Sarkar
- No hiding under the mask 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- It’s all in his Shoes 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Inclusive India exists’ 21 Jul 2018 | Anubhav Sinha
- Confluence of crystals 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Luxury is an experience’ 21 Jul 2018 | Chahak Mittal
- The car is a robot 20 Jul 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- Gorgeous 20 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Your luck won’t fail you here 20 Jul 2018 | Muskan Kathuria
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...