- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
India most important: Vidya
Indo-American singer and YouTube sensation Vidya Iyer, famously known as Vidya Vox feels India holds an important place globally more than ever as many Indian musicians settled abroad are letting the world know about the country’s music and culture through their work.
“India is more important in the world, more than ever. There are so many talented artists and musicians who are of Indian origin and grew up in different parts of the world, paying homage to their roots. By doing that, more parts of the world are learning about India and Indian music and culture,” Vidya said. She is currently seen in a music video by brand Global Desi owned by designer Anita Dongre.
The ace designer is collaborating with women music artistes for her #VoiceYourStyle maiden music property that has been launched under her boho chic fashion label and will celebrate India in the best way possible.
Vidya has created an exclusive song track called Minnale, whose video also reflects the vibe of the brand. Minnale means lighting in Tamil. The song is in English and Tamil and merges western pop with electronic dance music.
Vidya says that there was such an infectious energy on set and everyone was genuinely having a great time while shooting.
“Especially all of the scenes where the dancers and I are grooving together, it was a party! I have always been fascinated by the idea of lightning. I love how it can be powerful and beautiful at the same time. Shankar Tucker directed this video and he really wanted to have a contrast between urban LA (Los Angeles) landscapes with the colourful clothes and energy of the dancing. It took a while to plan and do the video and I couldn’t be happier by the way it turned out,” said Vidya.
Vidya was born in Chennai and raised in the US and is known for blending songs from both countries. So does this define her identity too — mix of both the world?
“It definitely is the source of my identity and the reason why I do the music I do. I embraced that side of me fully. The Indian music is amazing these days — so many people who share similar backgrounds to me are making amazing music that is true to their story and I’m so excited to be able to have such amazing peers,” said Vidya.Vidya brings together influences of her Indian-American heritage to create music
- In pursuit of real power 23 Jul 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj
- ‘Wonder woman’ 23 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Pick up the pieces 23 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- James fired from Marvel film 23 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- New shows get traction 23 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Martina ties knot at spa town 23 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Kangana, Hrithik’s films to clash 23 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 23 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Good cholesterol no use to older women 23 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Dabangg backfired 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | AFP | tehran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Saturday that negotiations with the United States are “useless” because it does not abide by agreements. “As I have previously said, we cannot trust in the words of the United States and even in their signature, so negotiations with the United States are useless,” Khamenei told a gathering of Iranian diplomats in Tehran...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Capital city of Raipur is crucial for all parties, as it has four Assembly constituencies. Congress party which has been trying to make inroads into these constituencies is now in search of a new district president for the Capital city...