- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Plea against Netflix for ‘insulting' Rajiv
A petition, filed in the Delhi High Court, seeks the removal of certain content from Sacred Games, a web series by streaming media services provider Netflix, on the grounds of insulting former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. It will come up for hearing today. It was mentioned before a bench of Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal and Justice C. Hari Shankar but the bench recused from hearing the matter and listed it for another bench.
On Tuesday, a Congress activist in West Bengal filed a police complaint against actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, the media services provider Netflix and the makers of Sacred Games for “insulting and abusing” Rajiv Gandhi.
The complainant said that the show had a scene in which Siddiqui, playing the protagonist, is seen and heard “abusing Rajiv Gandhi, calling him fattu, which was shown as pu*** in the subtitles.”
The series is based on author Vikram Chandra’s novel of the same name. It has been directed by Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane. The opening scene hits out at the Congress as there are episodes on Emergency imposed by the Indira Gandhi government, as well as Bofors scandal and Shah Bano cases that created a storm during Rajiv Gandhi’s tenure as Prime Minister.
- Map of confluence 17 Jul 2018 | Uma Nair
- Impression of Reality 17 Jul 2018 | Chahak Mittal
- Epic narratives 17 Jul 2018 | Uma Nair
- Cruising breathless 17 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- A super villain’s lore 17 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Rain-proof yourself 17 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 17 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Voice from the Himalayas 16 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Rulebook for a New age 16 Jul 2018 | Rajyogi Brahmakumar Nikunj
- Can organic food work for dogs too? 16 Jul 2018 | Amol Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...