Shweta to launch debut novel in October
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s daughter Shweta Bachchan-Nandas debut novel, Paradise Towers, a heart-warming slice-of-life novel set in an apartment building in Mumbai, will have a multi city launch in October.
“The idea for Paradise Towers came to me one morning on waking up. This is not unnatural for me. I come from a family of storytellers. As children, we were encouraged to write and read and our imaginations were given a free reign,” said Shweta.
“The concept of a book and the actual writing of it are two very different things. Writing this story down was daunting. Lots of second guessing and labouring over words made up the process. I am excited to have my first book published but I am also anxious to know what the readers think of the microcosm that is Paradise Towers, and I hope they would come to be as invested in the lives of its inhabitants as I have come to be,” she added.
Also, HarperCollins India announced that it has acquired the Indian subcontinent rights for Paradise Towers. The acquisition includes a second work of fiction, due to be published in 2020.
- Dabangg backfired 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- A tale of cities 21 Jul 2018 | Asmita Sarkar
- No hiding under the mask 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- It’s all in his Shoes 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Inclusive India exists’ 21 Jul 2018 | Anubhav Sinha
- Confluence of crystals 21 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- ‘Luxury is an experience’ 21 Jul 2018 | Chahak Mittal
- The car is a robot 20 Jul 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- Gorgeous 20 Jul 2018 | Team Viva
- Your luck won’t fail you here 20 Jul 2018 | Muskan Kathuria
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | PTI | Bengaluru
Expecting early Lok Sabha polls by December, Congress in Karnataka on Saturday said it has begun preparations for the elections that it claimed would instal a "non-BJP" Government at the Centre. In the run-up to the polls, Congress said it has decided to reorganise the party from grassroots to pradesh congress committee level...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh reviewed the preparations and programmes on scheduled visit of President Ramnath Kovind to Chhattisgarh with his cabinet colleagues and senior officials at his official residence on Saturday. President is scheduled to visit the State on July 25 and 26 at Dantewada and Bastar (Jagdalpur)...