Egypt kills 16 militants
Cairo: Egypt’s armed forces on Sunday announced that 16 alleged militants had been killed as part of a new security offensive in the northern and central Sinai Peninsula.
Col Tamer al-Refaei said an additional 34 suspects were arrested during the offensive, dubbed “Operation Sinai 2018,” which started on Friday in the restive peninsula and other parts of the country, according to a statement posted on his official Facebook page.
20 militants held in raids in Pakistan
Islamabad: Twenty militants were arrested on Sunday by paramilitary Frontier Corps in an intelligence-based military operation in Pakistan’s Balochistan province. Army said that a cache of arms and ammunition, including RPG rockets, sub machine guns and sniper rifle ammunition, laptops and communication equipment were also recovered.
Turkey, US discuss ties in Istanbul
Istanbul: The Turkish President’s Security and Foreign Policy Adviser Ibrahim Kalin met US National Security Adviser Herbert Raymond McMaster here and discussed issues that are hurting bilateral ties, the Turkish media reported on Sunday. Joint efforts against terrorism, long-term strategic partnership between Turkey and the US, and the latest developments in the region were among the topics under discussion, Xinhua news agency reported quoting the Hurriyet daily.
Three killed in US copter crash
Los Angeles: Three persons died when a tour helicopter crashed in the Grand Canyon, one of the most famous national parks of the US. The helicopter from Papillion Airways carrying a pilot and six passengers crashed in the Quartermaster Canyon in Arizona around 5.20 p.m. on Saturday, ABC 15 news channel reported, citing Hualapai Nation Police Chief Francis Bradley.
- Globe Trotting 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Turkey accuses US of ‘stab in back’ 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Imran Khan borrows waistcoat from NA employee for official photo 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Panama case: ISI officer included to ‘spice it up’, says Pak CJ 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- China printing currencies for countries like Nepal, Lanka and B’desh 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- EU seeks safe harbour for ship carrying 141 rescued migrants 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- No war, no negotiations with US: Iran 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Imran Khan among 329 newly-elected members of Parliament takes oath 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Turkey’s currency keeps falling 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- No room in US for ‘neo-nazism’, says Ivanka Trump 13 Aug 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...