Unblock Musharraf’s ID, passport: Pak sc
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Supreme Court on Monday ordered that the national identity card and passport of Pervez Musharraf be unblocked so that he can return to the country, days after the apex court allowed the former dictator to file his nomination papers to contest the July 25 general polls.
China: 24 injured in gas pipeline blast
Beijing: A gas pipeline operated by a state-backed energy giant in southwest China’s Guizhou province exploded, injuring at least 24 people, officials said on Monday.
‘CO2 injections may help cut belly fat’
Washington: Injecting fat pockets with carbon dioxide gas may help reduce belly fat, scientists have found.
Vietnam detains 100 after violent protests
Hanoi: Authorities in Vietnam have detained more than 100 people after protesters pelted Government buildings with rocks and Molotov cocktails, injuring dozens of police officers, State media reported on Monday.
Man fined 2k $ for breaking wife’s nose
Singapore: A 48-year-old man in Singapore was fined 2,000 dollars by a court today for punching his wife’s face multiple times, causing injuries that included a broken nose.
- ‘Dream or reality?’ Koreans to meet after decades apart 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- ‘The warmer it is, the more fire we see’ 20 Aug 2018 | SETH BORENSTEIN
- Report warns 840 French bridges may face risk of collapse 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Cyprus extradites Egyptian hijacker who dropped legal fight 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- EU pledges to help Iran out of US oil ban 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Af Prez offers Taliban new provisional ceasefire 20 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Irish archbishop urges Pope to speak frankly about abuse 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- Top US President adviser arrives for talks in Israel 20 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Globe trotting 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Usman Buzdar elected CM of Punjab province 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
To mark the occasion of ‘World Photography Day’, members of Jharkhand Photographic Association organized photo-walk and on the spot photography contest on Sunday. The photographers captured the scenic beauty of Ghahari Dham located in Lapung block...