Donald Trump now sets eyes on Iran
Singapore: President Donald Trump said he will soon like to have a “real deal” with Iran, weeks after he unilaterally pulled the US out of landmark agreement signed by Obama administration.
Brexit ‘no deal’: British govt wins key parl vote
London: British Prime Minister Theresa May avoided a major defeat on Tuesday after MPs rejected a plan that would have given parliament a veto over the final Brexit deal — but only after making concessions.
Macedonia row: Greece announces accord
Athens: Athens and Skopje have agreed on a new name for the country of Macedonia to end a 27-year dispute, Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said. Greece objects to the country to its north being called Macedonia because it has its own northern province of the same name.
Trump aide sorry for comments on Trudeau
Washington: A top aide to US President Donald Trump apologised today for asserting that a “special place in hell” awaited Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, following the acrimonious conclusion of a weekend G7 summit.
Norway to ask US to double troops
Oslo: Norway will ask the United States to double the number of US troops stationed in the country and deploy them nearer the border with Russia, the Government said.
US unveils new de facto embassy in Taiwan
Taipei: The US on Tuesday inaugurated a new de facto embassy in Taiwan in the absence of official diplomatic ties with the island and amid growing tension with China.
France challenges Beijing in SCS
Paris: France is increasing its military presence in the Indo-Pacific region, sending warships through the South China Sea and planning air exercises to help counter China’s military build-up in disputed waters.
- Globe Trotting 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Turkey accuses US of ‘stab in back’ 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Imran Khan borrows waistcoat from NA employee for official photo 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Panama case: ISI officer included to ‘spice it up’, says Pak CJ 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- China printing currencies for countries like Nepal, Lanka and B’desh 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- EU seeks safe harbour for ship carrying 141 rescued migrants 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- No war, no negotiations with US: Iran 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Imran Khan among 329 newly-elected members of Parliament takes oath 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Turkey’s currency keeps falling 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- No room in US for ‘neo-nazism’, says Ivanka Trump 13 Aug 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...