5 Western hostages recovered from terrorists after 5 yrs: Pak
A family of five Western hostages, including three children, were recovered after five years of their abduction by terrorists with ties to the Afghan Taliban in an operation based on intelligence shared by the US, the Pakistan Army said on Thursday. They were captured by terrorists from Afghanistan in 2012 and kept as hostages there.
“Pakistan Army and ISI recovered 5 Western hostages including 1 Canadian, his US National wife and their three children from terrorist custody through an intelligence based operation by Pakistan troops and intelligence agencies,” the Army said in a statement.
- British PM wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Yemen Houthi leader willing to give UN control of key port 19 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Pakistan Army supporting religious extremists, alleges US lawmaker 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Uranium stockpile reaches 950 tonnes: Iran nuclear chief 19 Jul 2018 | AP
- Harkat-ul-Mujahideen founder announces support for Imran 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Trump asked Rouhani for meeting 8 times at UN: Official 19 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Had very good meeting with Putin, more in the offing: US President 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Trump: No ‘time limit’ to denuclearise N Korea 19 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Puerto Rico allowing transgender people to fix birth certificates 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values 18 Jul 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...