Helicopter carrying wedding party lands in prison in B’desh
A private helicopter carrying a wedding party landed by mistake inside a high security prison here on Thursday, sparking massive security concerns amid reports that terrorists were planning an attack on the jail to free the militant inmates.
According to the officials the guards at Kashimpur Central Jail detained the five passengers, all members of an expatriate Bangladeshi family, for a brief period but the pilot, reportedly a retired air force officer, flew away with the plane after sensing his mistake. “This happened by mistake but the incident made us concerned as there are intelligence reports that terrorists could launch attacks to free militant inmates from this jail,” said Inspector General of prisons Brigadier General Syed Iftekhar Uddin.
- Trump to invite Putin to Washington this year: WH 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- North Korea puts reunion of war-separated families in doubt 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- Putin, Trump talked about a referendum for eastern Ukraine 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- More than 300 older children split at border are reunited 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- Russia shows off Putin’s ‘super weapons’ 21 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Globe Trotting 21 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Trump ‘ready’ to tax all Chinese imports 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- Personal health data of PM among 1.5 mn, Singaporeans hacked 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pak Army has no direct role in July 25 general elections: Official 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Chinese President visits UAE amid push to increase influence 20 Jul 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...