Indian-origin spends Rs 38,000 for 1-night stay at hotel to meet Trump
An Indian-origin man from Malaysia went to Singapore and spent a whopping USD 573 to put up at a luxury hotel for one night so that he could get a chance to meet US President Donald Trump ahead of his historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Maharaj Mohan, a 25-year-old consultant, checked into his room at the Shangri-La hotel yesterday and started hanging at the hotel lobby for a glimpse of Trump, Today newspaper reported.
However, all Mohan got for his trouble was a selfie with The Beast, the eight-tonne bulletproof limousine in which the US President travels, the report said. “Singapore dollar 765 (USD 573 or Rs 38,600) is a big sum, more than 2,000 in ringgit. But it is not too much to meet the President,” he said.
- ‘Dream or reality?’ Koreans to meet after decades apart 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- ‘The warmer it is, the more fire we see’ 20 Aug 2018 | SETH BORENSTEIN
- Report warns 840 French bridges may face risk of collapse 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Cyprus extradites Egyptian hijacker who dropped legal fight 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- EU pledges to help Iran out of US oil ban 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Af Prez offers Taliban new provisional ceasefire 20 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Irish archbishop urges Pope to speak frankly about abuse 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- Top US President adviser arrives for talks in Israel 20 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Globe trotting 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Usman Buzdar elected CM of Punjab province 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
To mark the occasion of ‘World Photography Day’, members of Jharkhand Photographic Association organized photo-walk and on the spot photography contest on Sunday. The photographers captured the scenic beauty of Ghahari Dham located in Lapung block...