- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
ISIS on the run, will soon be wiped out: US Prez
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that the ISIS was “on the run” and will soon be “wiped out” of Syria and Iraq, days after the Iraqi forces with the help of the US-led international coalition re-took Mosul from the terror group.
Iraq has declared victory over the ISIS in Mosul, retaking full control of the country’s second-largest city three years after it was seized by the terror group. “ISIS is on the run and will soon be wiped out of Syria and Iraq, illegal border crossings are way down (75 per cent) and MS 13 (Mara Salvatrucha) gangs are being removed,” Trump tweeted.
The US President had on Tuesday spoken with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and congratulated him on “the liberation of Mosul” by Iraqi security forces. He said that the development marked a major milestone in the fight against ISIS.
“The President praised the heroism of the Iraqi and American soldiers and underscored his commitment to the total defeat of ISIS,” the White House said in a statement.
- Puerto Rico allowing transgender people to fix birth certificates 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values 18 Jul 2018 | AP
- ISIS suicide bomber kills 20 in Afghan: Officials 18 Jul 2018 | AP
- Asking voters whom they’ve voted for can land a person in jail for 3 yrs in Pakistan 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Europe, Japan sign massive free trade deal 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Trump under fire over poll meddling comments 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Female Gurkhas in British Army from 2020 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Globe trotting 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Nawaz Sharif challenges 10-yr jail term 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Senior ANP leader survives assassination attempt in Pak 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Jamshedpur
The city police have arrested a Bangladeshi citizen Saheedul Sheikh along with his relative involved in duping a person Rs five lakh. Acting on a case of cheating and forgery registered with Sakchi police station on July 14, a special team of Jamshedpur Police arrested him along with Sheikh Firdaus...