Israeli military court to try Palestinian teen protest icon
Palestinian protest icon Ahed Tamimi is to go on trial before an Israeli military court on Tuesday for slapping and punching two Israeli soldiers an act Palestinians say embodies their David vs Goliath struggle against a brutal military occupation and Israel portrays as a staged provocation meant to embarrass its military.
Israel's full-throttle prosecution of Tamimi, one of an estimated 300 Palestinian minors in Israeli jails, and a senior Israeli official's recent stunning revelation that he once had parliament investigate whether the blond, blue-eyed Tamimis are a ‘real’ Palestinian family have helped stoke ongoing interest in the case.
The teen with the curly mane of hair who turned 17 in jail last month has become the latest symbol of the long- running battle between Palestinians and Israelis over global public opinion.
- Globe Trotting 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Turkey accuses US of ‘stab in back’ 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Imran Khan borrows waistcoat from NA employee for official photo 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Panama case: ISI officer included to ‘spice it up’, says Pak CJ 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- China printing currencies for countries like Nepal, Lanka and B’desh 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- EU seeks safe harbour for ship carrying 141 rescued migrants 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- No war, no negotiations with US: Iran 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Imran Khan among 329 newly-elected members of Parliament takes oath 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Turkey’s currency keeps falling 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- No room in US for ‘neo-nazism’, says Ivanka Trump 13 Aug 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...