- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Lions, tigers, bears from war-torn Syria evacuated to Jordan
Thirteen animals that had been trapped in harsh conditions in a zoo in the war-torn Syrian city of Aleppo have been evacuated to a wildlife reserve in Jordan.
Five lions, two tigers, two bears, two hyenas and two dogs were being released Friday into the Al-Ma’wa reserve in northern Jordan.
The Austrian-based animal charity Four Paws had rescued the animals from the Magic World zoo in Aleppo with help from Turkey. The group says the zoo’s owner, who fled Syria after the 2011 outbreak of civil war there, granted permission.
Dr Amir Khalil, a vet for the charity, says some of the animals are fine while others suffer from blindness as well as heart, liver and kidney disease. One of the lions is due to give birth within two weeks.
- Female Gurkhas in British Army from 2020 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Globe trotting 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Nawaz Sharif challenges 10-yr jail term 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Senior ANP leader survives assassination attempt in Pak 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Russia targeted by almost ‘25 million cyber-attacks’ during World Cup: Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Finland Dy PM sends climate, democracy message to Trump, Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Putin uses new Russian limo abroad for 1st time 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump wins sympathy from Russian media 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump blames Russia rift on US probe, Moscow agrees 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Wanted Trump to win, didn’t interfere: Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...