Moon, Trump hold telephonic conversation
South Korean President Moon Jae-in and US President Donald Trump on Monday held a telephonic conversation ahead of the summit between North Korea and the US.
Moon’s spokesman Kim Eui-kyeom told the media that Moon and Trump spoke for about 40 minutes, reports Xinhua news agency.
Moon told Trump that the South Korean leader and people would wholeheartedly pray for a successful summit between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
If Trump and Kim sit down face-to-face and frankly talk to find a common ground between the two sides, the two leaders could gain a big achievement, Moon and Trump agreed.
After the summit, Trump will send US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to South Korea and China to explain the outcome of the meeting.
- ‘Dream or reality?’ Koreans to meet after decades apart 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- ‘The warmer it is, the more fire we see’ 20 Aug 2018 | SETH BORENSTEIN
- Report warns 840 French bridges may face risk of collapse 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Cyprus extradites Egyptian hijacker who dropped legal fight 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- EU pledges to help Iran out of US oil ban 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Af Prez offers Taliban new provisional ceasefire 20 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Irish archbishop urges Pope to speak frankly about abuse 20 Aug 2018 | AP
- Top US President adviser arrives for talks in Israel 20 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Globe trotting 20 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Usman Buzdar elected CM of Punjab province 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
To mark the occasion of ‘World Photography Day’, members of Jharkhand Photographic Association organized photo-walk and on the spot photography contest on Sunday. The photographers captured the scenic beauty of Ghahari Dham located in Lapung block...